Why join MediFriends ?
Comment, follow and save
discussions or start your own topic.
Start your own private circle and
invite friends to the discussion.
We will never share your
We require some additional information before we can create your account. This community forum does not collect and process your personal information.
We use this information strictly to personalize your experience in this community, as well as to associate the posts you make to your user account. During the registration step you were asked to provide a username and email address, you can also optionally provide additional information to complete your user profile on this website.
We retain this information for the life of your user account, and you are able to withdraw consent at any time by deleting your account. At any time you may request a copy of your contribution to this website, via your Rights & Consent page.
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to this forum's administrative team.
Occasionally, we may send emails to your registered email address in order to provide updates and/or to notify you of new activity that is pertinent to you. You can customize the frequency of the community digest (including disabling it outright), as well as select which types of notifications to receive via email, via your user settings page. Unless explicitly changed in your user settings, this community will deliver email digests.
- What is Personal Information? "Personal Information" is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information the following purposes:
- Providing our Site to you;
- Analyzing, administering, and improving the Site;
- Enabling secure use of the Site;
- Sending information and promotional materials;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations;
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
Information that You Provide Us
In various places on the Site, we request information from you via forms. The exact information we need to collect (including Personal Information) will depend on the purpose of the form. For example, if you use the form on our "Contact Us" page, we collect your username, email address, and message. We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide requested services.
Information We Automatically Collect from You
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
We do not include any features on the Service that allow a third party to track you, in personally identifiable form, on our Service. Therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track ("DNT") signals sent to us by your browser at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics's processing of your information, please see "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps."
Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, "Log File Information"). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site's function and content.
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
- Information that You Provide Us
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site or providing our products and services. For example, we engage third parties to provide analytics services and Site-infrastructure hosting. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the information collected through the Site secure.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Please note that this Site contains links, including advertisements, to other Internet websites that are NOT maintained by Medifriends. While we do not disclose your Personal Information to advertisers, we do not control the privacy or security practices of third parties, or the locations where they process Personal Information. You should read the privacy and security policies of the other sites, as their practices may differ from ours.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
If you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
With your permission, we may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email or text message ("Communications"). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. Please note that certain Site-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Site (e.g., to verify the phone number associated with your account) and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
- Children's Privacy Children are expressly prohibited from using the Site. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
- Other Websites and Sites, Including Social Media We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites, advertisements, or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party's website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
Top Categories See all
Allergies5 Topics | 10 Posts
Mental Health5 Topics | 10 Posts
Autoimmune5 Topics | 10 Posts
5 Topics | 10 Posts
Orthopedics5 Topics | 10 Posts
Pulmonary5 Topics | 10 Posts
5 Topics | 10 Posts
Senior Care5 Topics | 10 Posts
Ears/Eyes5 Topics | 10 Posts
Face/Dental/Throat5 Topics | 10 Posts
STD5 Topics | 10 Posts
Gastro5 Topics | 10 Posts
Virus/Infectious Disease5 Topics | 10 Posts
5 Topics | 10 Posts
Wellness/Fitness5 Topics | 10 Posts
5 Topics | 10 Posts